- 2015. “Do ‘Cheeseburger Bills’ Work? Effect of Tort Reform for Fast Food” with Kitt Carpenter. Journal of Law and Economics. NBER Working Paper 21170. Replication Kit
- 2019. “Public Spillovers from Private Insurance Contracting: Physician Responses to Managed Care” with Michael Richards. American Economic Journal: Economic Policy
- 2019. “The Impact of Obesity on Wages: The Role of Personal Interactions” with Andrea Moro and Tommaso Tempesti. LABOUR. Lead Article.
- 2020. “Losing Public Health Insurance: TennCare Disenrollment and Personal Financial Distress” with Laura Argys, Andrew Friedson, and Melinda Pitts. Journal of Public Economics.
- 2020. Regional disparities in Qualified Health Plans’ Prior Authorization Requirements for HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis in the United States with Kathleen McManus, Sam Powers, Elizabeth Rogawski, and Amy Killelea. JAMA Network Open
Media Coverage skdjulskdjfsd
- 2021. Connecting Medicaid and Child Support: Evidence from Disenrollment with Lindsey Bullinger. Review of Economic of the Household
- 2021. Private Coverage Mandates, Business Cycles, and Provider Treatment Intensity with Michael Richards. Health Economics
- 2021. Losing Public Health Insurance on Preventative Care, Health, and Emergency Department Use: Evidence from the TennCare Disenrollment. Southern Economic Journal. (Replication kit)
Awards & Older Version
- 2018 John Heinz Dissertation Award from the National Academy of Social Insurance
- APPAM Ph.D. Dissertation award – Honorable Mention
- 1st place in APPAM poster competition
- Previously known as: Effects of Losing Public Health Insurance on Healthcare Access, Utilization, and Health Outcomes: Evidence from the TennCare Disenrollment
- Losing insurance and behavioral health inpatient care: Evidence from a large-scale Medicaid disenrollment” with Catherine Maclean and Douglas Webber. NBER Working Paper 25936. Submitted
- “The introduction of PrEP on HIV: Incidence, Mortality and Heterogeneity” with Dr. Kathleen McManus.
- "Health Insurance for Whom? The ‘Spill-up’ Effects of Children’s Health Insurance on Mothers" with Daniel Grossman and Barton Willage.
- Under the same umbrella: Public health insurance expansions and the uniformity of insurance for families with Sarah Hamersma and Daniel Grossman
- Micro y Pequeñas Empresas Bajo el Enfoque Sobre Competitividad: El Caso de la Región ICA, collaborator joint with Juan Pizarro, Luis del Carpio, Pia Torres, Daniel Sandoval, Author: Mario D. Tello, Published by the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation (AECI), Lima, April 2010
- “Do people value what they receive for free?” joint with Kerry J. Brennan, Alliance Magazine, Volume 15, Number 1, March 2010, P.23