- 2015. “Do ‘Cheeseburger Bills’ Work? Effect of Tort Reform for Fast Food” with Kitt Carpenter. Journal of Law and Economics. NBER Working Paper 21170. Replication Kit
- 2019. “Public Spillovers from Private Insurance Contracting: Physician Responses to Managed Care” with Michael Richards. American Economic Journal: Economic Policy
- 2019. “The Impact of Obesity on Wages: The Role of Personal Interactions” with Andrea Moro and Tommaso Tempesti. LABOUR. Lead Article.
- 2020. “Losing Public Health Insurance: TennCare Disenrollment and Personal Financial Distress” with Laura Argys, Andrew Friedson, and Melinda Pitts. Journal of Public Economics.
- 2020. Regional disparities in Qualified Health Plans’ Prior Authorization Requirements for HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis in the United States with Kathleen McManus, Sam Powers, Elizabeth Rogawski, and Amy Killelea. JAMA Network Open
- 2021. Connecting Medicaid and Child Support: Evidence from Disenrollment with Lindsey Bullinger. Review of Economic of the Household
- 2021. Private Coverage Mandates, Business Cycles, and Provider Treatment Intensity with Michael Richards. Health Economics
- 2021. Losing Public Health Insurance on Preventative Care, Health, and Emergency Department Use: Evidence from the TennCare Disenrollment. Southern Economic Journal. (Replication kit)
Cited in Advocacy work
Awards & Older Version
Report from Tennessee Justice Center
- Losing insurance and behavioral health inpatient care: Evidence from a large-scale Medicaid disenrollment” with Catherine Maclean and Douglas Webber. NBER Working Paper 25936.
- "Health Insurance for Whom? The ‘Spill-up’ Effects of Children’s Health Insurance on Mothers" with Daniel Grossman and Barton Willage. NBER Working Paper 29661
- “The introduction of PrEP on HIV: Incidence, Mortality and Heterogeneity” with Dr. Kathleen McManus.
- Under the same umbrella: Public health insurance expansions and the uniformity of insurance for families with Sarah Hamersma and Daniel Grossman
If you are interested in seeing my public engagement, please check out my media appearances, or check out my podcast “The Hidden Curriculum”, I have also produced articles for the ASHEcon Newsletter, and help out with the non-profit EconThaki.