2019. “Public Spillovers from Private Insurance Contracting: Physician Responses to Managed Care” with Michael Richards. American Economic Journal: Economic Policy
2019. “The Impact of Obesity on Wages: The Role of Personal Interactions” with Andrea Moro and Tommaso Tempesti. LABOUR. Lead Article.
2020. “Losing Public Health Insurance: TennCare Disenrollment and Personal Financial Distress” with Laura Argys, Andrew Friedson, and Melinda Pitts. Journal of Public Economics.
2020. Regional disparities in Qualified Health Plans’ Prior Authorization Requirements for HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis in the United States with Kathleen McManus, Sam Powers, Elizabeth Rogawski, and Amy Killelea. JAMA Network Open
- Losing Public Health Insurance on Preventative Care, Health, and Emergency Department Use: Evidence from the TennCare Disenrollment. Revision Requested at Southern Economic Journal. (Replication kit)
- Awards & Older Version
- 2018 John Heinz Dissertation Award from the National Academy of Social Insurance
- APPAM Ph.D. Dissertation award – Honorable Mention
- 1st place in APPAM poster competition
- Previously known as: Effects of Losing Public Health Insurance on Healthcare Access, Utilization, and Health Outcomes: Evidence from the TennCare Disenrollment
- Private Coverage Mandates, Business Cycles, and Provider Treatment Intensity with Michael Richards. Revision Requested at Health Economics
- Connecting Medicaid and Child Support: Evidence from Disenrollment with Lindsey Bullinger. Revision Requested at Review of Economic of the Household
- Losing insurance and behavioral health inpatient care: Evidence from a large-scale Medicaid disenrollment” with Catherine Maclean and Douglas Webber. NBER Working Paper 25936. Submitted
- Micro y Pequeñas Empresas Bajo el Enfoque Sobre Competitividad: El Caso de la Región ICA, collaborator joint with Juan Pizarro, Luis del Carpio, Pia Torres, Daniel Sandoval, Author: Mario D. Tello, Published by the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation (AECI), Lima, April 2010
- “Do people value what they receive for free?” joint with Kerry J. Brennan, Alliance Magazine, Volume 15, Number 1, March 2010, P.23